I love tea and that is an understatement. Let’s see I currently have 34 varieties of teabags. Yes 34! I even have mother’s milk tea and trust I bought them when it was too late. The breastfeeding ship sailed and I am still sad about it. Stay tuned, my breastfeeding story is going life as a part of National Breastfeeding Month in August.
I was hanging out on google and discovered a really cool popsicle maker. I am adding this to my Mother’s Day or Birthday wish list. Yes I have a list. Don’t you?
In the meantime I started thinking about healthy popsicles. Why not make them with some of my favorite tea. I get to add to my water intake (yes tea consumption counts), increase my fruit intake and enjoy how close summer really is. Bring on the pretty pedicures, BBQs and picnics. In that order!
These Wild Berry Tea popsicles are so delicious. The mint leaves are from my Zoe’s herb garden! Whoot! I already made another variety. I’ll share it next week and hopefully news on that popsicle maker I am coveting.
- 1 Caffeine free Wild Berry Zinger teabag
- 2-3 teaspoons of honey
- 3 mint leaves
- 1 strawberry thinly sliced
- 2 whole blueberries per pop
- 2 blackberries (halved) per pop
- Steep teabag and mint leaves in 8-10 oz of water for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove teabag and mint leaves then sweeten with 2 to 3 teaspoons or more of honey.
- Place 2 slices of strawberry, 2 blueberries and 2 blackberries in each Popsicle mold.
- Poor tea into each pop, insert pop stick and freeze overnight
- Makes 6 small pops or 3-4 large pops.