I am excited to announce that I am now a Sweat Pink Ambassador. After a long week of ups and downs mainly with my diet (not an actual diet just what I have been eating) I was feeling a little disappointed. Then I open my email to find a welcome to the Fit Approach Sweat Pink Ambassador team. Now I have a pretty badge to admire on my sidebar. Of course there are more perks but you see how haute the badge is don’t you.
Running a half marathon is on my 2014 bucket list. Do people make yearly bucket list? Oh well I do. My bucket list is an extension of my visionboard. Go me! I am targeting my first half marathon for the end of 2014 mostly the ATC Thanksgiving Half. I just finished up the first week of training for my first 10K which will be on July 4!
The Sweat Pink Ambassador email came right on time. Now I get to share my 10K training, running and fitness journey with my fellow Sweat Pink ambassadors and I get to share what my ambassadorship means with Team FAB Mama.
The Sweat Pink mission statement rocks:
“We believe that kicking ass is best done in pretty shoes. We’ve learned that real women sweat, and sweat hard. We know that assertiveness, strength, and ambition are the ultimate feminine qualities. We concede that sometimes it takes hours to get ready, but we’re also no strangers to just rolling out of bed and going. We’re convinced that we run faster in pink shoelaces. We believe in pushing ourselves, and we believe in giving ourselves a break, too. We’re all about the rush of endorphins and the thrill of the challenge. We’re all for looking great and feeling even better. We’re committed to finding our best fit, and making it stick.”
Don’t you just love that? First of all, yes I like my running shoes to be cute and as much as possible I like my outfit to match my shoes. And yes, I believe in giving myself a break! And cheers to all you beautiful, hard working mamas. I love that #SweatPink is not just about getting your physical fitness on. Loving you, loving what you do and striving for your dreams are all things I associate with #SweatPink. I can’t wait to rock my pink shoelaces. And here is your first perk FAB Mamas, you get to rock them too free of charge! Leave a comment if you would like a pair.
Here is my week in review plus the “I gave myself a break” snacks too.
- 3 runs. My 10K training schedule calls for 4 but I am happy with 3 because it was a rough week. My mileage is much lower but that is ok because I am building up to 10K day.
- 2 strength workouts using the videos from GoGo Girl Fit. I am excited to be a part of her test group for a new fitness/health program she is launching. These workouts are no joke. Sign up for offers here.
- I have been stretching more and incorporating my basic yoga moves. I may be ready to tackle an actual class and it will definitely be hot yoga. Bring on the burn!
The Not So Good:
- Eating! Oh boy way too much to type. I do great the first half of the day but then things fall a part. As a part of the GoGo Girl fit challenge, I should be eating clean. This week will be better.
- Hydration: I slacked off on my 100 oz. of water per day goal. I also drank a beer this week.
- Snacks: I promised to be good today but I gave myself a break and ate
45 chocolate chip cookies! I don’t even like chocolate chip but my niece was in a pretty scary car accident today and I needed them along with a sip of the Hubs beer. Thank God she is ok. Today was rest day however I did put together my desk from Ikea, do countless trips up and down the steps, cook, carry around a crying toddler, a mini arm workout with said crying toddler and I did laundry. I think all of this counts as movement! Yep, Team FAB mama is making sure we get moving every day in May.
I don’t know but I almost feel like I have post menstrual syndrome when it comes to my cravings and food fixes. I just can’t stop eating. Hoping for a better week starting tomorrow.
That’s it for now. Don’t forget to let me know in the comments if you would like to rock the #SweatPink shoelaces.