I needed a change from my morning smoothie and juicing recipes so today I decided to mix up a few summertime ingredients for a refreshing morning drink. The star of the show is watermelon. It’s that time of year. Then I added a little spice. I don’t know why other than I just felt like it. The results: Delicious and surprisingly filling.
Confession: While making this my mind kept saying:
“This would be a great cocktail”
“Let me grab some rum, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere”
“Ok fine no rum but sprite would make this so good”
Yes I am a little crazy. I ended up sticking to the original plan but I will definitely be trying this recipe with a little mommy juice, soda, or sparkling water. The possibilities are endless.
- 1/4 Watermelon, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1/2 Cucumber, peeled and diced
- 4 Frozen strawberries
- 1 Teaspoon raw sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- Dash of cayenne pepper, optional
- Combine, watermelon, cucumber, strawberries, sugar and water in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Poor into tall glass and garnish with a slice of cucumber and a cut strawberry.