Salad dressings are usual a deal breaker when it comes to a healthy diet. Most people don’t measure out the recommended serving size. Your salad might as well be a burger and fries if you just pour on the dressing. . Here is a light strawberry vinaigrette recipe with a kick of spice. Although healthier, you should measure out two tablespoons max per salad. It’s filled with fresh herbs, spices and of course sweet strawberries so a little goes a long way. Prepared with extra virgin olive oil, you’re also getting a bit of healthy fats which each serving.
- 4 strawberries
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence (or preferred dried herbs)
- Salt to taste
- Combine strawberries and raw sugar in a shallow bowl. Muddle and let stand for 3 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together muddled strawberries, herbs, spices and vinegar.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Add salt to taste.
- Let stand for 10 minutes so flavors can combine.
- Chill before serving.