Thank you Lunchbox for sponsoring this recipe.
As always all opinions are my own.
Three cheers for the slow cooker especially for this busy holiday season. I mean really, a slow cooker is one of my favorite mommy must haves and this Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Strata recipe is a double win. Why? It’s basically a one “pot” meal that requires minimal prep before hand and can be enjoyed for breakfast/brunch, lunch or dinner, you name it. This recipe from Kraft plus my slow-cooker made #CookingUpHolidays easy with two small children attached to me.
So yeah all day “momming” is not easy. I love a fabulous gourmet meal with a full table scape including centerpiece of fresh flowers but most times that just doesn’t happen around here. I whip out my slow-cooker to at least make cooking time a breeze. But I’ll be honest, I do not like food that is not pretty. I DO NOT! And many of the slow-cooker recipes I run into just aren’t pretty. This can not be me especially for this dish that was my contribution to this years family holiday brunch. And guess what? I grabbed this fabulous recipe from Kraft. How easy is that!?!? Grab all the ingredients from Walmart, follow the recipe and a few hours later enjoy this delicious dish which is also pretty good looking. Seriously you can make every day delicious with Kraft!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Strata
Pre cook the bacon and toast the french bread. Crumble your bacon by hand and either cut or tear your bread by hand to cube side pieces or larger.
Tip: Get a bacon cooking tray that you can pop in the microwave. Super easy and an easy clean up too.
Crack your eggs in a bowl and gather all your ingredients.
Add milk and whisk to combine.
Add the cheese. Don’t forget to reserve some for the top of strata.
Mix in the bacon, scallions and bread.
This is the strata before I baked it. Don’t skip the foil. It definitely makes it easy to remove it from the pot and if you are taking this to a holiday brunch, you don’t want it to break apart.
Set your slow-cooker and let it do the work. Now go clean, decorate or just relax.
- 2-1/2cups milk
- 1/2tsp. black pepper
- 1pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA, divided
- 16slices French bread (3/4 inch thick), toasted, cubed
- 10slices cooked OSCAR MAYER Bacon, crumbled
- 4green onions, sliced
- WHISK eggs, milk and pepper in large bowl until blended. Reserve 1/2 cup cheese. Add remaining cheese to egg mixture with all remaining ingredients; mix well.
- CUT 3 (30-inch-long) sheets of foil. Fold 1 sheet lengthwise in half twice; repeat with second sheet. Fold remaining sheet to fit inside back edge of slow cooker; place in slow cooker. Crisscross foil strips; use to line bottom and sides of slow cooker. Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Add egg mixture. If necessary, press toast cubes into egg mixture with back of spoon to completely moisten toast cubes.
- COOK on LOW 4 hours, sprinkling with reserv,ed cheese for the last 15 min. Cool slightly. Use foil handles to transfer strata from slow cooker to platter; discard foil.