One of my favorite meatless meals is Eggplant Parmesan. Lately I have been craving Italian food so I was excited that Publix is hosting Viva Italia days (pregnant much?) Today I am sharing a quick skillet Eggplant Parmesan recipe my family (including our baby to be) loves.
One of the great things about Italian food is how easy it is to prepare. Don’t get me wrong, I know an excellent sauce can take hours because I have done it but the variety of products available from Hunts, Progresso and Kraft makes preparing dishes like this skillet eggplant parm quick and easy. This is a great meal to prepare as a family. The kids can help with layering the ingredients in the pot. And did I mention it’s delicious? It is! So get ready to enjoy #VivaItaliaNight with Publix.
One of my favorite things about Hunts tomatoes is the fact that they come in a No Salt option. It is very important to me to buy products with limited salt because The Hubs has high blood pressure. For this dish using the Progresso Italian Style breadcrumbs made up for seasoning also saved me the time I normally take to prepare breadcrumbs from scratch. All of this is a win for this mom of a busy two year-old. Not to mention being 7 months pregnant!
- 1 Medium Eggplant
- 1 Can Hunts Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Progresso Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- Kraft Parmesan Cheese
- Kraft Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 16-oz jar Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 Vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Oregano to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash and slice eggplant in medium slices. Set aside
- In a shallow bowl beat eggs. Place breadcrumbs in a plate.
- Dip eggplant slices in eggwash and then coat each side with breadcrumbs.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook eggplant 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Wipe out pot and then pour in marinara sauce with diced tomatoes to form a 1 inch sauce base.
- Place 4-5 eggplant slices in pot. Sprinkle parmesan, mozzarella, basil leaves and seasoning.
- Repeat process until all the eggplant slices are used.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy with Pillsbury refrigerated bread.
Ready to enjoy Italian nights with your family? Visit ReadyPlanSave for coupons and recipes and then head to Publix to pick up all your ingredients. The in-store event runs from 2/19 – 3/4. You can product specific recipes and coupons here.
*Coupons available while supplies last*
As a part of the #PublixVivaItalia celebration, I am hosting a giveaway for your choice of a $10 Visa Gift Card or $10 Paypal. Enter to win and then hurry to Publix in-store event where you will find more recipes, store savings of over $7.00 and fun displays.