It’s almost fall which means it’s time to whip out the pumpkin, apple and pear inspired recipes. I am a pumpkin fan all year round. I keep cans of this good stuff in my pantry. Any excuse to make pumpkin pancakes is good enough for me. Since it’s the season, I decided to make a pumpkin recipe to kick-off fall on the blog. This smoothie is pretty much healthy. It only has 1 tablespoon of raw sugar added. You can omit the sugar if you like, but honestly the smoothie needed it even though the recipe includes half of a banana.
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 banana, chilled or frozen
- 1 tbsp raw sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into two 8-oz mason jars.
- Top with a dash of cinnamon and whipped cream (optional.)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- pinch of powdered ginger
What are your favorite fall recipes?