Do you dream of Paris? Do you dream of pretty things like pearls, fascinators, dreamy tea parties or walking The Avenue des Champs-Élysées? How about taking a picture in front of the Eiffel Tower? If so, you will love this stroll down memory lane for Sugar Plum Z’s first birthday party.
I dream of Paris. I dream of eating in a Parisian cafe and then shopping on Boulevard Saint Germain. I dream of picnics in the park, winery tours and strolls in the glistening night. I based Sugar Plum’s first party on all of this.
Ok I know this party was for her not me. I see a baby’s first birthday as a celebration of their life and a celebration of the Fab Mama too! And if it is your first baby then OMG… The party really is for you mama. LOL.
Why Pink In Paris?
Becoming mom to Sugar Plum Z & Big Z meant I had to embrace pink. Well for me that’s what it meant. Big Z is a true girlie girl and now that Sugar Plum as reach two, she is showing her own love for all things pink and girlie so yep I won when I picked this theme for Sugar Plum’s first birthday. Ha!
- Paris themed plates, cups and gift boxes from Birthday Express.
- Pink tulle bows for chairs and table
- Paper hanging globes
- Soft fruits & veggies for the wee ones
- Mac & Cheese
- Fruit salad
- Vegetable Medley
- Custom Cake from Kake By Design with added Z & Eiffel Tower I found at Michaels.
- Cupcakes courtesy of my sister & nieces
- Tunnel & play mat for the babies
- Coloring place mats for all the kids
- A Runway Show in front of the Eiffel Tower complete with white gloves, crowns, wands, feathers and more
The older kids, adults and the babies had a blast! Pretty, Pink, Paris was a success. Now to plan The Big 3.0. All Big 2.0 plans were cancelled due to toddler sickies & expecting mom sickies. 3.0 will make up for it even though I can’t “Hi-Jack” the theme. Little Miss Sugar Plum has a mind of her own. I’m pretty sure Minnie Mouse will be in the plans.
Note: I am still hoping Apple can recover my lost photos. Luckily my niece had these but I had (have) so many more showing our full day. Cross your fingers for us.
What did you do to celebrate your little one’s First Birthday? Or your first year of motherhood?