Tired? Busy? Not in the mood to cook? Here is a quick and easy one pot pasta recipe to help. This recipe has saved me time and time again. This is a go to recipe for my household. Here are some reasons why…
Sugar Plum Z has become a picky eater but this is one dish she never refuses. She will eat this even if she leaves all the meat behind. I’m fine with that!
This recipe can easily be doubled for leftovers otherwise known as lunch for The Hubs. He loves pasta and I love that he loves pasta. We save money and I know whatever I make at home is much healthier than what he would buy outside. This recipe is a win all around.
A cutting board, chef knife, pot serving spoon and fork are all you need to make this dish. Need I say more. One pot pasta to a tired mama’s rescue. I’m still WINNING!
Quick & Tasty
I mentioned this before but it’s worth saying again. This one pot pasta recipe is quick. Like 30 minute quick including prep and clean-up. Well the clean-up part may be a stretch if you are running behind a busy toddler the entire time but you get the point.
You can make this recipe as is or you can tweak it to your hearts desire. Some of my favorite remixes to this recipe include shrimp & broccoli alfredo, a meatless pot or a chicken and white wine. The possibilities are endless.
You can double this recipe, pack it in a beautiful serving dish, throw some fresh herbs on top and bring it to a casual potluck style party. How’s that for a easy crowd pleaser? I’ll take it.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pint halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Fresh or dried oregano/Italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, sausage, onion, tomatoes, basil, garlic, black beans, bay leaf, herbs, stock and water.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
- Stir in Parmesan and adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately.