It’s National Women’s Health Week! Yes we should take care of ourselves all year round but this is a great opportunity to take the time out to make sure you are doing just that. Here are 6 tips to getting healthy this Women’s Health Week.
1. Make and keep doctors appointments:
- Annual Women’s Wellness visit
- General Practitioner
You get the point. Pick up the phone and schedule your appointments today.
2. Breast Self Exam
Go ahead get to know your girls. Something seems off? Make an appointment and insist on getting a full work up. There is no such thing as too young.
3. Get Moving
- Dream of being a runner? Register for a Fun run 5K and then download a free 5K training app
- Hot Yoga Anyone? Take a beginners class and watch the pounds and the stress melt away
- Take a dance class or turn up your favorite music and work it out
4. Improve Your Eating
- Even small changes can make a big difference
- Cut your sugar intake
- Practice portion control
- Eat in so you know exactly what your eating
- Drink more water
5. Get More Sleep
- To reduce stress
- To restore your body
- To feel rejuvenated
- Spend more time outdoors or take up a new hobby (such as painting)
- Limit how often you watch TV or hang out on the Internet
- Read a book, do a crossword or sudoku. These a great exercises for your brain
Maybe you haven’t done any of these things this week but it’s ok, today is national woman’s check-up day which means it’s a good day to start. As you know it’s Mother’s Month around here. Check in with us on what you are doing to make sure you take care of you.