Confession: My almost favorite piece of maternity style wear is leggings! Ok don’t freak out and don’t call the fashion police. Just hear my out. When I say favorite, I mean leggings are my favorite for around the house (when I am not in the buff…ssshhh) and for running quick errands and on occasion when chasing the toddler around the playground. Not bad right?
For my every day casual moments my go to is a maxi dress with Chucks, a cardigan and some sunnies. Maxi dresses get the top spot in maternity style for so many reasons
- Nothing holding my ever expanding belly in a tight grip. Yes please!
- Nothing sucking in my extra thigh loveliness. I’ll take it!
- Easy on and off. Aboslutely!
- You can dress up a simple maxi with cute heels (wedges) or accessories.
- Dress down your maxi with Chucks or slip on sandals (not foam flip flips. I loathed them!)
- You can find a cute maxi regardless of your budget. From big box to high-end the maxi is available to everyone.
Let me say a bit more about my Chucks. Truth be told, I am not a sneaker gal. Besides my track and field days, I rarely wore sneakers. Well there was my Travel Fox & Air Max movement back in the late 80’s and 90’s but overall I’m a shoe gal. Fast forward to motherhood and my stilettos are reserved for special outings. I love a great flat but Chucks are my go to. I wear them with dresses (no matter the style) for leggings moments and of course with jeans, skirts and knee length short. Get you some.
Are you a Maxi Dress mama? If so how do you rock them?