For this week’s Friday Five Link Up hosted by Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Cynthia from You Signed Up For WHAT?! and Mar from Mar On The Run! the theme is This Summer I Will. I had to think about this one for a moment. Not because it was hard but because I wanted to pick things I could be honest about and keep a commitment to. So here is my Friday Five summer must do list:
1. Continue to Run Regardless Of… The heat, vacation, late nights, early mornings and any other excuse I can think of. The excuses are exhausting already. The biggest deterrent is the heat. I hate running in the heat especially due to my migraines. I will have to get up as early as possible or find a late evening running buddy. I also need to be consistent with hydrating. It makes a big difference in how I feel before, during and after a run.
2. Strength Train For all the reasons above I don’t want to do anything. But I can’t fall off in the summer. I did that last year and it was down hill from there. It won’t happen again. I will be using my favorite You Tube fitness channels, the Nike Fitness App & Game and a few great fitness challenges I found online. I created a total body challenge of my own so that is always an option.
3. Start Doing Yoga Never mind the fact that I really want to do hot yoga. For the summer I will skip it and go with regular yoga. I have started and stopped so many times and this is one workout I really want to get into.
4. Run On The Beach I have never done this so this is the year. We have not finalized vacation plans but I know a beach is in the equation. I am going to lace up and run on a beach. Or is that done barefoot? Hhhhhmmm
5. Mommy Fitness Group I started Team FAB Mama awhile back but most of the moms were not active. I got discouraged. Now here we are approaching summer. I’m not where I want to be but the majority of moms in the group are not getting fit at all. This has to change.
What will you do this summer?