How about an easy oven roasted potato medley recipe to celebrate National Potato Lovers Day? Why thank you. I love checking out what national food day it is. I jot them down in my calendar and vow to share a recipe a few days ahead but life (motherhood) either gets in the way or mom brain does. I made these potatoes last week during my attempt to stay on schedule with a cooking, cleaning and living around the house routine. I really love working on a schedule and I feel like Supermom when most of the choirs aka the boring stuff is done before noon.
Cooking is not boring for me but all those other household chores like laundry (ugh) always seems to take up so much time and take away from other things I’d rather do.
So here were are on national potato day and I have a recipe. I’m all about that 5 minute or less prep work. This runs a little bit over because you really have to scrub your potatoes good. The roasted skin is so good so please don’t peel them. GASP! Once cleaned, they take about 5 minutes to chop, season and get in the oven. A total win. You can get a load of laundry done in the time they take to cook.
Easy Oven Roasted Potato Medley
- 3 russet potatoes
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Salt free seasoning blend
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Scrub potato and then chop each russet into 4 pieces and each sweet potato into 6-8 pieces.
- Place on shallow baking pan and season with herbs and spices.
- Toss with olive oil until potatoes are well covered.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or until desired doneness. Turn once.
I served this with curried cauliflower (recipe to come) and stewed pork chops. The family loved it! What would you serve these oven roasted potatoes with?