I love CHEESE! Savory cheese dishes, sweet cheese dishes, cheese toppings. I love it all. However, we all know cheese can quickly add up in the calorie and fat department. Of course my absolute favorite cheese dessert is cheesecake. I grew up in Brooklyn so you know Junior’s Cheesecake was a regular visit for me. Brooklynites around the world will mourn Junior’s closes. Trust me, you don’t want this to happen.
Not to be outdone, I have perfected my own cheesecake recipe. My recipe is adapted from my cousin’s original recipe. We are the same age but her baking is like that of our grandmother’s. It just that good. Here is a healthier twist to my most favorite dessert. Small bites + fewer calories = NO GUILT. It’s not your typical cheesecake but it sure taste like it. And since this is a no bake recipe, you can enjoy this dessert within 15 minutes (once the cream cheese comes to room temperature.)
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 3/4 (6 oz) package full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (fat free)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- German chocolate shavings (baker’s chocolate)
- Drizzle of honey
- Prepare a pastry bag with #5 pastry tip or simply cut off a tiny portion of the pastry bag end.
- Cut the bottoms of each strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. You can save the pieces to use for garnish. Be sure not to cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
- Cut the top of the strawberry and then use a small spoon to remove most of the insides.Once the strawberries are empty, use a paper towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine cream cheese, greek yogurt, vanilla and lemon juice. Process until smooth and well combined.
- Spoon cheese filling into pastry bag. Push the filling down to the bottom of the pastry bag and twist the top of the bag to prevent mixture from spilling out.
- Pipe cheese filling into strawberries.
- Top with shaved chocolate and a drizzle of honey.