One of my favorite bakeries in NYC is Magnolia Bakery. Why? Because it’s Magnolia Bakery of course! I worked less than 1 mile from Magnolia and would take the walk there sometimes twice a week. Birthday’s, Baby Showers, Team Meetings, Stressful days. You name it Magnolia often saved they day. Of the tons of desserts, Magnolia is famous for their cupcakes however my absolute favorite Magnolia goodness is their Blueberry Jamboree.
While I was on bed rest, my cousin would surprise me with a box of blueberry goodness. You have no idea how much I needed the surprise treats. Bed rest is not for the faint at heart. Now that I live far away, I can only dream of Magnolia’s Blueberry Jamboree. But a quick google search revealed what seems to be the recipe. I decided to give it a try with a few modifications and guess what? The results were perfect, yummy, delicious! Try out my recipe and let me know what you think. This is not my usual lighter, healthier dessert but it is well worth the splurge.
And then I felt like having it out of Mason jars so I dumped it in all haphazardly and guess what? It taste more delicious to me. LOL
- 1.5 cups blueberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 1/2 tsps water
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/8 cup raw sugar
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 25 vanilla wafers
- 5 shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 lbs cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups confection sugar, sifted
- Combine sugar and 1 1/2 cup blueberries over medium heat. Cook until blueberries start to breakdown and sugar begins to melt.
- Dissolve Cornstarch in water then add mixture to blueberries. Stir gently.
- Remove from heat add vanilla, spices and remaining blueberries.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, process cookies to crumb consistency. Add butter and sugar and process until combined.
- Spread evenly in round baking dish (8-9 inches).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely
- Whip heavy cream until thin peaks form.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sifted confection sugar.
- Whip until combined and smooth.
- Fold whipped cream into cheese until well combined.
- Spread whipped cream and cheese mixture on to cooled crust.
- Top with crushed pecans if using.
- Spread blueberry topping.
- Chill until ready to serve 2-4 hours or overnight.