it’s been two and a half years and I’m still taking my sweet time to decorate Little Z’s room. I know, I know. But today we worked on a DIY canvas art piece for her love and inspiration wall. Zoe enjoys all things paint, spelling and words so this was the perfect activity to combine all three. She had fun and we had a toddler preschool lesson along the way.
I’m obsessed with the word LOVE. I’ve always loved the word LOVE (see what I did there?) Any strong relationship has love as a main component. Now that I’m a mom of three, love has taken on a whole new meaning. When Little Z says “I love you mommy” it simply melts my heart. Nothing like love from your little one to make you feel better, appreciated, complete.
Z’s photo wall will have pieces we purchased at Marshalls, Hobby Lobby and Home Goods. But to add something special, I decided to let her do some pieces. We also have a lovely watercolor balloon painted by our lady in art inspiration Beatrice Clay. That’s it above. Isn’t is just darling? I can’t wait to order one for Baby E’s room.
What you need to make your own Canvas Word Art
- A word or saying you LOVE
- Colored Pencils
- Duct Tape
- Paint & Brushes
- Choose your word or saying
- Stencil the words on to canvas with pencils in the same color as the paint you will use
- Use duct tape to cover each letter
- Paint the canvas in the color(s) of your choice
- Allow to air dry. We did overnight to be on the safe side since toddler hands are heavy and some areas had a lot of paint.
- Peel off duct tape
- Hang and enjoy. Don’t worry about perfection. Anything your little darling creates is perfection.