Ok so I did two crazy things today. 1. I enjoyed my first Peaches of the season. Crazy right. That’s like summer time blasphemy. 2. I turned on the oven! YUP, I am officially crazy. Little Z and I made the most delicious baked peaches parfait for breakfast. We had everything we needed at hand and since most of the ingredients are kitchen staples (greek yogurt included) you can whip up this yumminess in no time.
We set up all the ingredients and writing out each one was a great way to get a food lesson in.
While the peaches baked, we mixed up a quick no flour oatmeal crumble. We popped it in the oven for the last ten minutes of baking. In just over 30 minutes, it was time to take our peaches out the oven and put together our parfait.
Little Z was rather pleased to be the head chef in this mornings breakfast kitchen. When it was time to eat, she gobbled hers up and then tried to snatch mine. I snapped a pic of her funny I am busted face.
I’m sure you are enjoying more candids of Little Z and glimpses of Baby E on Instagram. If not, what are you waiting for? Keyboard run on over to IG now while you enjoy your baked peaches parfait.
- 3 Peaches - halved and cored
- 1 Tablespoon of butter divided
- 1 Tablespoon of raw sugar divided
- Dash of cinnamon & nutmeg spice mix
- Oatmeal Crumble
- 2/3 Cup rolled oats
- 1/4 Cup raw sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash, half and core peaches then set in baking dish or on a rimmed pan.
- Cut butter into smalls cubes then add 1 cube to each peach half.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar and spice mix.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Oatmeal Crumble
- Process oats in a food processor or blender lightly.
- Mix in brown sugar and small cubes of butter.
- Place in oven safe dish and bake for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Add a small layer of oatmeal crumble to an individual parfait dish.
- Add 1/4 cup (or more if preferred) of greek yogurt.
- Slice one peach half and add a few pieces.
- Repeat for a second layer.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon & nutmeg spice mix.
How do you enjoy peaches for the summer? Share your favorite recipes in the comments and if you know an easy canning tutorial please send it my way.