And the winner is: FAB Haute Mama
“I won, I won, I won.”
Through social media I have met so many fabulous bloggers. I ventured into blogging as a way to get back to me. You know the me before motherhood. Then blogging slapped me in the face really, really hard. A backhand slap at that. I had no idea the time, the power and the impact blogging has on the world. I read and follow blogs but I never considered what it took to be successful in this world. I am pressing on even though my knowledge is pre-school at best. With that said I am grateful for the wondering and inspiring women I have met through blogging. I have to control myself because sometimes I want to type “hey boo” like we have known one another forever. Now let me get to my acceptance speech for my Liebster Award. Thank you Courtney of The Brown Girl With Long Hair for nominating me. Courtney connected with me and I can always count on her support, a comment or a like right when I feel like quitting (again.)
I still read some of the first blogs I found years ago including In Her Shoes by Renae. I love Renae. Her confidence and business savvy are pure genius. If ever I am featured on In Her Shoes, I will know I made it. Dream list for sure! I also enjoy Pretty Girls Rock Dresses, Smitten Kitchen and The Style & Beauty Doctor. There are more but these ladies will always be in heavy rotation.
And then there are the amazing women I “met” within the last few months. Christine of Moms ‘N Charge, Ashley over at Mommy Week, Moe of Chasing Moe, Ariel of Ariel Says Now, and Arsha of Brand Build Sell all keep me on my toes. These women take mommy PLUS to another level. Just see for yourself. Need help blogging say hi to Kim at Her Name is Kim. As Kim would say “thank me later.” Need inspiration on a tough day? Look no further than Inspired by Beatrice Clay. Her gratitude posts have definitely put things in perspective on a cloudy day. Stiletto-Nation will keep you connected with food, fashion and hair. Speaking of hair, if you don’t know about Vee then here you go The Hodgepodge Files. Vee rules.
So my Liebster acceptance speech is pretty simple:
“Thank you for the inspiration, support and knowledge my fellow bloggers. I promise to make this space great because of you!”
Here are my nominees for The Liebster Award:
Nominees who accept are to write a blog post which includes the following:
My 11 Random Facts:
1. I can write with both hands.
2. I sleep in 1 position. Use to be corpse position but I made myself change that for obvious reasons.
3. I am British by birth, Jamaican by heritage and a Brooklyn, NY girl by life.
4. My favorite color is BLACK.
5. I am a published author (poet.)
6. I once played man-hunt (similar to hide and seek) in platform sandals and a wide leg pants suit. Yes I was stylish and rugged at 13!
7. I didn’t know my aunts real name until I had to mail her my baby shower invite. She will always be aunt Marcia.
8. My arms turn out in an awkward way making push-ups harder than they already are. I hate them. They don’t love me either. The push-ups not my arms.
9. I hate clowns and porcelain dolls. They scare me.
10. I know how to swim but I am petrified of deep water therefore I don’t swim!
11. Courtney and I have something in common: My favorite singer is Bob Marley.